Tuesday 12 August 2014

The Fisherman's Vest and Coin Collector

I actually do not remember whether I was showing these for you before or not...but there is a history behind it that I would like to tell :)
I had a quite a challenging request which I really enjoyed. My friend asked me to do while ago 2 cards: one for her father and one for father-in-law. One gentleman loves fishing, the other is a coin collector, so I had to do something connected with their hobbies. Never done before anything similar in cardmaking but I took the challenge ad this is what came out of it...

The Fisherman's Vest card:

All the features and details were handmade by me - baits, hooks, everything... I used feathers, glass beads and pearls, sewing pins, jewellery pins, wire and a quilling paper. All based on a kraft cardstock which I love to work with! :)
Inside you can see stamped and coloured fishes on a string and space to write a message to recipient.


Coin Collector card:

Here I decided to use real coins that I had available on hand (eurocent, penny, grosz) and glue them to the patterned paper picturing a bit messy old looking desk. From the beginning I knew there has to be a magnifying glass on it so just had to figure out how I wanna make it. Glueing a real one would be too much lol! (coins already were giving this card a real heavy weight!) so I decided on paper and filled the inside with diamond glaze for that realistic glass effect.



I'm very happy with both of them :)

1 comment: