Monday 12 May 2014

Little bit about soutache...

I love to try new things and combine techniques when creating my works whether in jewellery, cards or in paintings. I work with almost every medium and in every technique and the only thing I cannot tell I'm good in is knitting, I just do not enjoy making scarves and cardigans lol ;)So lets come back to soutache... It's a textile art in jewellery. A very high art. Soutache embroidery technique takes a very long time, is relatively difficult and requiring a lots of patience and precision. Layers of soutache braid are hand stitched together incorporating beads and findings to create unique and stunning pieces of very light and very effective jewellery. Here are some examples of my creations in that technique:









No comments:

Post a Comment