Wednesday 14 May 2014

Waiting for summer...

England isn't a great country for a summer loving persons like me, unfortunately... Born and raised in Poland I'm use to have every season including two months of constant hot dry summer with occasional 2-3 days of summer storms and that's it. Here in UK I experienced mostly one weather for whole year, I would call it an early spring or late autumn. Symptoms are: relatively cold (5-15C) temperatures, cloudy with rain varying from a quick drizzle to non stop heavy rain for many many days. This year the record was beaten and it was raining for 2 weeks non stop in the winter causing a flood in whole country including my small piece of world which is my block of flats. The nearby river has expanded its way onto streets, grass and gardens creating a big lake around my block of flats that could be crossed only in high wellies. As I'm living on the top my property didn't suffer but my mentality when I had to simmer myself every day twice a day into the lake that surrounded the entrance, well that suffered a lot. And it wasn't great for health either... So I miss summer. Oh god how I miss a proper summer with temperatures above 30C. Here I would be grateful even for 20C! There is middle of May and it's still looking like an early spring. So I'm yearning and spelling the summer to come by creating summer looking things. Like these for example:






No comments:

Post a Comment