Tuesday 12 January 2016

My entry for Designer of the year 2015

I tried myself in "Simply Cards and papercraft" magazine in their Designer of the year competition. It was last year so for almost 2 months I thought I had no luck but when I bought this month's magazine I discovered I was chosen one of nine runner ups!
Here I am showing you one of the cards I made for the competition. Took me hours and hours of work! :)

I started from embossing the kraft card into woodgrain for a background. I used here letterpress technique so deeper parts were inked with Distress Vintage Photo. To highlight the 3D effect I hand drawn bit of a light on raised parts with a white Sakura's Jelly Roll pen. Then I inked edges with black ink.


For my focal stamp I used Prima's Bloom Girl Sophie. Love this stamp so much!
I spent good three hours colouring her with my Promarkers and again used white pen to highlight the details.


Next was to add some decoupage for the flowers so I stamped the girl few times more but coloured only the chosen flowers. After cutting them with scissors I placed them on a silicon mat and with embossing tool I curled the petals and gave dimension to my flowers, then layered them up with glue.
I also added a generous amount of glitter glue in their centers.


Finally I have stamped the sentiment on a kraft card and cut around it with my deckled edge scissors creating old style banner, also adding few "tears and wears" with a craft knife, then inking the edges with Distress Vintage Photo.
I really love how it turned out and it was rather hard for me to let it go in the post :)




No comments:

Post a Comment