Wednesday 13 January 2016

The runner up

Today I will show you my other 2 works for Designer of the year competition entry that gave me a runner up place! :)
First the card I made with Tilda's papers: "Sweet Christmas", "Tiny Treasures" and "Happiness is homemade". Love them all!


The other work was off the page (so not a card) creation and I decided to do a shadowbox with my favourite theme - steampunk!


I chose a small square canvas to work on and painted it thoroughly with black acrylic paint. 
I emossed lots of cardstock with industrial patterns of Sizzix folders. Then all was cut up into bits. I dubbed them with my fingers and inks: Archival Brilliance Cosmic Copper and Platinum Planet, and StazOn Jet Black to achive the realistic "metal and smear" effect. I layered them up on the back side of canvas creating a "window". 


As a focal point I used die cut heart (Xcut nesting hearts) that was also embossed and inked.
Then I used all of my favourite cogs, gears and sprockets dies. I got many different from various brands: Spellbinders, All Occasion Dies, First Edition, Xcut and I use them all equally (fabulous if you do lots of boys/men cards). All cogs were inked with my messy fingers and arranged on and in the box, some of them were given the screw top brad or just a normal metal colour or black brad.
The skeleton metal key was glued to the heart.
Then I printed out sentiment, cut it into pieces and attached on the sticky foam to finish off.
Another work that was really hard to let it go into the world... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment